11/21/2006

A Message From Big Bird

Dear friends.

First off, thank you for taking time out to read what the Bird has to squak about. The past two seasons with ABD have been life changing. Seriously — I went from being the Big Bird by only a few people to having little kids coming up to me asking for an autograph. At first I would sign with my real name, Bryce, but this had very little market value. The "Bird" autograph is now going for 25.00 dollars, while the bid on the more rare "Big Bird" autograph is now at $52.43 on eBay. Quite impressive if I must say so myself.

Ok... to the point. The past two season's with ABD squad have been life changing. I made some great friends in those two years, and met a lot of interesting people. When racing in the Chicago-land area it was always great to be cheered on by so many club members. The ABD club is by far one of the most positive clubs that I have ever seen, and I truly hope that the members will continue this great run.

As of Dec 31. Of this year I will sadly be hanging up my ABD gear, and I do mean sadly. I have had many special moment's wearing the orange and blue gear. On January 1 2007 I will join the Jelly Belly Pro Cycling Team. It's long been a dream that has now come true. My race schedule will change, but I do hope to see many of you when I race in the area and hope to stay friends with many of you... and if it's not to much to ask for, please be supportive and cheer for the Bird.

Last, but not least, I owe a special thanks to a few people:

Mike Farrell, hope you can still help me with my Trek bike order's.

Mike Ebert, thanks for everything, even in California.

Jenni Mumford, the greatest soigneur ever. EVER

The hit squad. I will always have a special place in my heart for you guys. Call me.

Big Bird

A.K.A. Bryce Mead

Sterling, Il.