7/08/2009

Jessi Prinner Makes the Junior World Championship Team!

Hello Team,

As most of you know, last May I travelled to Nashville, TN, to compete in the Junior World Championship Trials in an attempt to make the Junior National Team for the 2009 World Championships.  Even though I came close, I did not manage to win either the TT or the road race to earn an automatic qualification, so I had to wait until July to hear who would get to fill the final spot on the USA Team Roster. 

It's been a long, hard journey for the past five years I have been racing, but it wouldn't have been made possible without the help of such a supportive team.  From the endless tips to loaned equiptment (Rob Jungles), I've never felt unprepared for any National event (or local for that matter). ABD has never let me down and I have made just too many friends to want to go anywhere else.  With that said I'm happy to announce two days ago I was informed that I had made the 2009 Junior National Team, and willl leave for Moscow, Russia on August 2nd.  The time trial will be held on the 7th and the road race on the 9th. 

As I was told by the Junior Endurance Manager, Ben Sharp, it's important to keep in mind that making the World's team isn't the final goal, but instead to always strive to reach higher levels and represent the US well in international competition. 
And represent ABD, of course!
 
Thanks,
Jessi

No comments: