After a third place overall finish in the Men’s 4/5 series of the Tour of America’s Dairyland 16-year old ABD rider Konrad Witt is ready to officially jump up to the Men’s Category 3!
Konrad raced all 10 days of ToAD and finished in the top 10 six times including second place finishes at both the Sheboygan stage and the Downer Avenue stage. Here’s a quick summary of each stage from “Team Witt”:
- Thiensville - Was doing great, in the top 10 with one lap to go. Crash right in front of him brought him down and he finished, but way down at the bottom.
- Grafton - 4th place; nice recovery after a somewhat disastrous first day.
- Waukesha - At this point Konrad was apparently not worried about the overall at all, and spent several laps way out front of the pack; he also picked up a nice $75 prime and then finished 31st.
- Greenbush (road race) - 6th place.
- Schlitz Park - 5th place.
- Ripon (time trial) - Konrad's hates time trials and never does that well in them, but because he was actually in the top 5 overall, he did the time trial and managed to squeek out 2 measly point by coming in 20th.
- Sheboygan - 2nd place!! Podium at last!
- Fond du Lac - 4th place.
- Downer Avenue - 2nd place! in a very full, very tough field; awesome finish that his mom and uncle were able to witness as they joined the guys Saturday in Milwaukee; more importantly, this took him from 5th place overall to 3rd.
- Madison - He rode with the pack for the entire race on very short, three-downhill, one-uphill course, but got a flat in the last couple of laps and finished behind the pack; fortunately there was no one challenging his 3rd place position at this point, so he was on the podium once again accepting a trophy/placque for 3rd overall in the 4/5 category.
Way to go Konrad!!!
Konrad Witt finished third overall at the 2011 Tour of America's Dairyland.