7/18/2011

Elena Dorr: Superweek Stage 8 Report

Sorry for the silence on this end, I've been in a bit of a rut lately with bike racing and took some time off, but I think I finally crawled my way out! Yesterday all I can think was "Wow, racing bikes is fun!" I suppose it helps having amazing teammates and a incredible team!!!

It was a hot one, 95 degrees! And with 5 of the 6 of us there we were excited!

Jeannie, Jessie, Kristen, Sarah and I raced hard yesterday attacking off the front and trying to secure 3rd in the overall for Jeannie. Unfortunately it was a fast race and a few of us were not there at the end to help Jeannie out, and had a bit of miscommunication, but it was a learning experience for all. Jeannie ended up 8th that day, 5th in the overall. 12th for the day and 12th in the overall for Kristen, 15th in the overall for Stacy, 26th for Sarah.

The highlight of my day was attacking off the front to try and break things up/hurt some legs for Jeannie, but it turned out to be on a sprint lap so I got 2nd in that sprint behind Carrie Cash. Unfortunately after that I popped, but I think i broke things up a bit and confused some girls and wow, I had so much fun!!!

I am so proud of all the awesome racing my teammates have done during Superweek, you are all incredible!

Elena

No comments: