The 12th Annual Winfield Criterium Weekend- featuring two days of racing on some of Chicagoland’s hilliest courses and over $8500 in cash and prizes- is coming up on August 13th and 14th!
Saturday is the Winfield Twilight Criterium and the “King of the Hill” Party and Prizes are back! Winfield resident Tim Allen has taken it upon himself to bring the party to the top of the course and reward those riders who like the vertical gain. Saturday night also features:
- An increased Prize List for the 1/2/3 Women
- A FREE Kids’ Parade at 5:30 for all children who’d like to ride their bikes on the course.
- A Kids’ Zone with moonwalks.
- Food and refreshments served by the Winfield Knights of Columbus
- Live music in the park immediately following the M/I Homes Men’s 1/2 Pro event.
Sunday marks the return of the ABR National Championship to downtown Winfield and the feared Summit Hill. There will be racing for all ages and abilities, and we’ve combined the Men’s championship event to include the 1/2 & 3 men so that all categories are eligible for the jersey (PLUS 3 men get their own separate prize list that is equal to years’ past. Sunday features also include:
- An increased prize list for the Women’s 1/2/3 event.
- Kids’ races at 1:10 p.m.
- The Kids’ Zone courtesy of Winfield United
- Food and refreshments from the K of C.
We are pleased to announce that $2 of every entry fee will go towards the Special Olympics.
We want to give a big shout out to all of the ABD volunteers and sponsors and partners that help make this weekend happen: